The Buy/Sell strategy is the main driving force of the bot and is what the bot will use when purchasing positions.
From the drop-down, you want to select Buy/Sell, Then give the strategy a name to ensure it's easily found when setting your bot up.
Choose between using Heikin Ashi or Standard candle formations
We have also introduced the option to choose your scan time, this allows you to choose how long Apex will hold on to your Buy Signal for.
In this section, you can also choose whether you want Apex to track your position with the possibility of using Auto DCA and Auto Reverse Trading. (Please ensure you have allocated funds in Reserve Allocation found under the settings tab if using Auto DCA)
This is the area in which you will configure how Apex will Enter you into your position.
- Entry Type - Outlining whether the entry should be a trailing buy (apex will track the position by a user-defined threshold and make the purchase once the parameters have been met. Using the example below the price must fall 0.2% and then rise 0.2% before the order is placed on the exchange.
- Order Type - Whether you would like to purchase your position at the market price, or set a limit order
- Offset the calculated price by n%: Positive or Negative values can be entered here to tell Apex whether you want to pay more (positive) or pay less (negative) that the current price. Using our example Apex would place a trade 0.25% below the current price
- Length of time and order should be open (minutes) - How long would you like a position to be kept open once the order is placed on the exchange.
- Evolve Time - This is used for when a position is partially filled. For example, your position of ZRX has only filled 50% and now the price has risen how long would you like to wait until you sell that 50%
- Cooldown period - The period apex will wait before placing another order. Note, the cooldown is not global.
Indicators & Signals
With the release of Apex V1, we have introduced a completely new way to configure indicators and signals bringing flexibility not seen anywhere else.
We need to start by click Add Group, you will then be greeted with the below. Firstly you want to choose Add Indicator. You now have the option to choose any of the 105 Indicators and Candle Patterns available.
Please note that each Indicator group is a separate strategy and if any signal in one of the groups is true you will get a buy/sell signal
Indicators - These are selections such as Bollinger Bands, Stochastic etc
Signals - This defines the area of the indicators that Apex emits the buy/sell signal from
We'll keep it simple for our example using an RSI and Bollinger Bands set up. In the below screenshot we are still configuring the indicators.
Next, we move onto the signals, click Add Signal
There are a huge amount of options here to select under the Source A tab. For our example, we are looking for Price below RSI value of 30 and Price Below the lower BB band.
Looking at the screenshot below we see
If RSI value is Less than 30 then emit a positive buy signal
In the screenshot below here, we see that;
If 15m Close is Less than Bollinger Bands lower band then emit a positive buy signal
You are also given the option to hold any buy signal from 1 - 10 Candles
Here is where you define how you want to get out of a position once you have bought it. There are a total of 4 options
- Percent Profit - Simply define a value in which you want Apex to sell at, in our example, an order would be placed right after the buy for 2%
- Profit Trail - This will allow Apex to track the position as it rises and sells only when it falls a certain %. In our example, Apex would track the position to 1% and continue to follow the price upwards ONLY once the position falls 0.2% will Apex then sell.
- Percent Profit Dynamic - We have built a special algorithm that automatically adjusts your Percent Profit based on market conditions
- Sell on Technical Analysis - This allows you to sell your positions from Apex using Technical Analysis e.g. Indicators and Signals. (This is used alongside any of the 3 sell types described above, whichever hits first sells) You can choose Limit or Market as your sell type and choose to Sell in profit only to ensure you don't sell at a loss
NOTE; If you select Market Sell your position may still sell at a loss, this is based on the market and current prices available
Here you can set parameters to automatically sell at a loss if the market takes a turn against you. Simple select enable and input a % (input as a positive value e.g. 5%)
You can also choose to have a coin that has hit the stop loss disabled, meaning Apex will not purchase this coin again for a user-defined period of time.